Exam Board – OCR
Qualification – A Level
Entry requirements – 5 x GCSEs at A*-C or grades 9-4, including a grade 4 in English, a grade 4 in Maths and two grade 5s in Science
Biology is inspired by the living world around us, with content relevant to real world experiences. An interesting and inspiring course, A Level Biology is a stepping stone to higher education. The course will nurture your passion for biology and lay the groundwork for further study in courses such as Biological Sciences and Medicine.
You will develop skills and enhance your understanding of the living world and you will also gain analytical skills, and develop your scientific enquiry and problem solving skills.
- biological molecules
- organisms exchange substances with their environment
- genetic information, variation and relationships between organisms
- energy transfers in and between organisms
- organisms respond to changes in their internal and external environments
- genetics, populations, evolution and ecosystems
- the control of gene expression
Students are examined by:
- written assessment
- practical work