Our uniform comprises:
- compulsory black blazer with academy logo
- academy tie (four house colours)
- black trousers in a formal cut
- black, straight, pleated or A-line skirt with the hem no more than 5cm (2”) above the knee
- formal black shoes (knee length boots or shoes with logos are not allowed)
- sweater with academy logo (optional)
- plain white, formal style shirt with stiffened collar; no logos, no fitted blouses)
- outdoor coats may be worn, but hoodies, sweatshirts, denim coats and denim jackets are not allowed
- no jewellery, other than a plain pair of earrings in the ear lobe and a watch.
- no make-up should be worn in years 7-9
- hair styles should be formal – patterns and lines may not be cut into hair and only colours which could occur naturally may be used for hair dye or highlights
Our PE kit comprises:
- black academy polo shirt, which is available from Uniform Direct
- black bottoms, which can be:
o tracksuit bottoms
o running leggings (which must be sports leggings and not normal leggings; anyone wearing normal legging or tights – including sports tights – will be required to wear a pair of shorts over the top)
o subtly branded – any items with large branding will not be allowed
- black socks, which must be a change of socks from those worn with the academy uniform during the day. They can be:
o football socks (advised for cold weather and outdoor sports in the autumn and spring terms)
o tennis socks
o trainer socks (advised for the summer term)
- trainers – these should not be canvas shoes
In addition to these compulsory items, students are also permitted to wear the following:
- reversible black and gold academy rugby shirt, available from Uniform Direct
- academy ¼ zip jumper, available from Uniform Direct
- black base layers
- plain black rain jacket; this must be suitable for sport (e.g. no large buttons or furry hoods), rain jackets that are not suitable for sport will not be permitted during PE lessons
Please also be advised that, for some sports (e.g. football and rugby), football boots may be more suitable than trainers when on the field. For other sports you may wish to purchase protective equipment, such as gum shields or shin pads.
Students are expected to bring their PE kit to every PE lesson, including when they have a note asking for them to be excused from the session. Students arriving to lesson without kit are expected to wear spare kit provided by the PE department. Students not bringing kit to lessons will be sanctioned.
Some of the uniform items can be purchased through our specialist supplier, Uniforms Direct, either online or at their Gainsborough shop. All other items, no matter the supplier, must conform to the above specifications to ensure our standards are maintained. The sixth form dress code is business wear of the student’s choice.
9 Market Street,