The Personalised Learning Team is dedicated to ensuring that all students follow, and are able to access, a curriculum that is tailor-made for them. This represents a significant challenge and staff from a wide cross-section of departments within the academy form part of this large team, providing expert advice, guidance and input.
The team plays a significant role in:
- transition of students to Retford Oaks Academy from feeder primaries, ensuring that the potentially daunting task of moving to a bigger and busier school is as easy as possible
- providing provision for the most vulnerable student
- providing support and guidance for those with special educational needs
- providing challenge and support for gifted and talented students
- providing targeted support for students who are falling behind in their studies