Students have a planned programme of careers education, information and guidance, which ensures that they have opportunities to recognise their own strengths and values and take responsibility for developing employability skills.
Students are entitled to:
- access to on-site impartial careers advice
- careers interviews
- opportunities to have conversations with employers and working people
- inspirational talks by motivational speakers, employers, colleges and universities
- guidance in producing a CV, cover letter, personal statement and UCAS applications
- opportunities to visit careers fairs, colleges and universities
- Unifrog accounts
Researching Higher Education institutions
It is important for students to research Higher Educations institutions such as universities and degree apprenticeships so that they can make an informed decision about their future. We are working closely with the University of Sheffield and HEPP (‘the Higher Education Progression Partnership’ of Sheffield University and Sheffield Hallam) and they have a range of helpful resources, films, campus tours booklets on student finance/loans and blogs to help your child think about higher education.
Please go to their website for these resources. You will need to register first (free) and then go to the ‘students/parents’ tab for resources and advice. Please also visit the HeppHUB pages. This website contains generic information on universities and degree apprenticeships and is applicable to all universities.