Exam Board – AQA
Qualification – A Level
AQA has worked with Dance teachers and higher education providers to create a qualification which will appeal to students of all abilities, and equip them with a wide range of skills and knowledge.
The A Level Dance specification reflects both historical and current dance practices, making it
more relevant, and inspiring a lifelong passion and appreciation for dance.
This course will require students to develop, demonstrate and articulate practical and theoretical knowledge, understanding and experience of:
- technical and performance skills
- the process and art of choreography
- the interrelationship between the creation, presentation and viewing/appreciation of dance works
- the development of dance placed within an artistic and cultural context
- professional dance works and the significance of these works
- subject specific terminology and its use
Students are examined by:
- practical exam
- written exam