Exam board: GCSE
Qualification type: OCR
Course code: J204
Contact: Mrs Hobson – email@example.com
In today’s world, it is important to be one step ahead of the competition. The competition may be other businesses, it may be other people applying for the same job or it may be your future colleagues. In all circumstances, it is important to ensure you have developed an analytical viewpoint of the world to avoid getting left behind. Many business moguls have already walked this very path to success and in business studies, we aim to learn from their ideas.
What will be studied?
Business 1: business activity, marketing and people
- Enterprise and the activities of entrepreneurs when starting a business.
- Business ownership and liability status.
- Marketing activities and how to carry out market research.
Business 2: operations, finance and influences on business
- Day to day running of businesses.
- Understanding of finance and financial management of businesses.
- External influences like the economy and political change that have an effect on how businesses operate.
Why study business studies?
If you like to actively engage in the study of business and want to develop as an effective and independent learner, if you have an enquiring, critical approach to distinguish facts from opinion, and if you like to build arguments and make informed judgements, then you should choose to study business studies. You will also learn to develop and apply your knowledge and understanding to a range contemporary issues in national, local and international contexts.
This course will be assessed through two written examinations, worth 50% each.
• Starting your own business
• Management consultancy
• Chartered accountancy