Child development and care
Qualification type – NCFE Level 2 Technical Award
Exam Board – Cache
Course code – 603/3293/1
Contact – email@example.com
What will be studied?
The Level 2 Technical Award in Child Development and Care provides learners with the opportunity to gain a vocational qualification that gives a basic introduction to the sector.
It includes the knowledge and understanding of child development and well-being necessary for working with children in a variety of settings. It is aimed at a range of learners who wish to be introduced to childcare and development of children aged 0-5 years. It also gives learners an insight into their preferred learning styles and assists in developing their ability to study
Students will learn:
- an awareness of learning styles;
- a basic introduction in to working with children in a variety of settings;
- an understanding of roles and responsibilities when working in a setting;
- an understanding of equality and diversity within a childcare setting;
- a basic understanding of the stages and sequence of child development;
- an introduction to observing children and how it supports development;
- an introduction to the influences that affect holistic development; and
- an introduction to everyday care routines and the types of activities that can support the development of independence an introduction to supporting children through transition.
This qualification consists of 3 units:
Unit 1 – internally marked assessment task.
Unit 2 – internally marked assessment task.
Unit 3 – externally set and externally marked synoptic scenario based short answer examination
- Social care
- Education settings