Exam board: Edexcel
Qualification type: GCSE
Course code: 1BSO
Contact: Mrs Hobson – email@example.com
In today’s world, it is important to be one step ahead of the competition. The competition may be other businesses, it may be other people applying for the same job or it may be your future colleagues. In all circumstances, it is important to ensure you have developed an analytical viewpoint of the world to avoid getting left behind. Many business moguls have already walked this very path to success and in business studies, we aim to learn from their ideas.
What will be studied?
Theme 1: investigating a small business
• Enterprise and entrepreneurship
• Spotting a business opportunity
• Putting a business idea into practice
• Making the business effective
• Understanding external influences on business
Theme 2: building a business
• Growing the business
• Making marketing decisions
• Making operational decisions
• Making financial decisions
• Making human resource decisions
Why study business studies?
If you like to actively engage in the study of business and want to develop as an effective and independent learner, if you have an enquiring, critical approach to distinguish facts from opinion, and if you like to build arguments and make informed judgements, then you should choose to study business studies. You will also learn to develop and apply your knowledge and understanding to a range contemporary issues in national, local and international contexts.
This course will be assessed through two written examinations, worth 50% each.
• Starting your own business
• Management consultancy
• Chartered accountancy