Students use a variety of methods to travel to the Academy. Buses are a very popular method and Retford Oaks Academy can be reached by a number of public and school bus services, detailed below:
- Number 42 Stagecoach Service Bus - Worksop Area
- Number 35 Travel Wright – Ollerton, Walesby, Elkesley
- Number 29 Stagecoach Service Bus – Bawtry, Bircotes, Harworth, Blyth, Ranskill, Torworth and Barnby Moor
- Number 90 TM Travel – Tuxford, Rampton, Woodbeck
- Number 27 Stagecoach Service Bus – Bawtry, Everton,Mattersey, Lound and Sutton
- Number 195 Gem Travel Service Bus – Gainsborough, North Wheatley, Sturton, Leverton North and South
- 985 Kettlewells – West Stockwith, Misterton, Beckingham, Saundby
- 987 Kettlewells – Walkeringham, Misterton, Gringley on the Hill, Clayworth Clarborough Hayton
- Unity Coaches – Blyth, Langold, Carlton in Lindrick, Worksop
For parents wishing to drop off and pick up students in cars/taxis, the visitor car park is allocated to allow this to happen. This car park is located on the right immediately upon entering the Academy site, before the access gate and pedestrian crossing. This is a very busy area of the Academy at the start and end of the day, and we therefore urge all drivers to enter and leave the site with extreme caution.
We also provide facilities for those students who wish to come to Retford Oaks Academy on their bicycle. There are a number of cycle lanes providing the route into school, and the Academy bike shelter is located at the front of the building. To ensure that bicycle users are safe on their journeys, we offer regular cycle safety schemes and reminders. All bicycles must be roadworthy and have operational brakes. Cycle helmets should be worn at all times. Bicycles should be locked when left at the Academy. Bicycles must be walked across the pedestrian crossing at the front of the Academy.